Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Are you feeling the Diwali season in air?

It’s festive season again and God knows I love it! 

But will it be same so far from friends and family this time?

I wish it is…..cause this time it will be celebrated with new friends, newly found family members who were long lost but apparently stay close by and a new country all together.

Well it took some time to dawn upon me that Diwali is just one week away…….as there is no hustle bustle here, no over enthusiastic shoppers creating traffic jams, no glittering paper lanterns of various sizes, colors or shapes in all possible stores and most importantly no over full laxmi road with sea of people to buy new clothes or tulsi baug to get all matching accessories or clay diyas. I miss it all. And I am not just saying it I do miss it.

But of course Diwali fever did hit me, so as soon as I got into the grove of Diwali mode the first thing that came into my mind was new clothes! With some nagging and cajoling which my husband needs a lot these days (even on weekends), so that he moves his a$$ of the work chair and concentrate on me instead of his new love the work laptop, off we went to the nearest mall. 


Shopping time....yeah!

Shopping always cheers me up, and a husband who has opened his purse strings a little more widely than usual I had already reached cloud number nine! Bought a few clothes though they are not my Indian Diwali kind with lots of bling* but they are worth to heighten my spirits for Diwali.
* By watching a lot of crazy T.V. shows here I have learned this word “bling”. Bling means zari work or crystal studs and all.

Now with the mood set in, since it is Diwali the next important thing to do is DIWALI FARAL…..

I have set a time table on what to do and when to do what in faral category.
I aiming to make five things besan ladoo, rawa ladoo, shankarpale, chivda and kanavle (karanji for all non CKP folks).
I am excluding shev and chakali this year. I had made shev last year which turned out good rather very good or shall I put it as “happening” and then I tried making chakali too but chakali had ended being a very soggy and oily affair. And since I am on a weight loss and live healthy and eat healthy streak I am avoiding fried savories.  


So let the Diwali Faral mission begin

One down Four to go......
So out of the five I am one down. Today I made besan ladoo. Not my best, I think I was way too generous using the ghee in it. You can see the pictures they are all tending to sit down under their weight and look like pedhas. But as long as they taste good they are super happening creation by me!


I think they look too dark due to my camera phone and no flash facilities. (And extremely shapeless which I am hoping people will ignore)


Other items are coming up and I will post them up too…….and well my one particular friend is always proud of me and lets her mom know how I changed from being useless to being useful in the kitchen please do show your mom these photos and let her know hope is there in this world. Awesome right!?

No comments:

Post a Comment